How to Assess Eating Disorder Support Services and Get Referrals
Are you looking for eating disorder support for yourself or your child? Are you having trouble finding the help you need? Are you unsure of what is important to look for in choosing a treatment provider?
Eating disorders are usually very complex. You may have developed this problem as a way to cope with difficult feelings of stress, anger, or loneliness.
Eating disorders have a variety of causes. Generally, these disorders involve biological, psychological, and social causes. It is important that you find eating disorders support that involves help with these aspects of life.
In looking for treatment for yourself or your child, it is important that you look characteristics of the treatment provider or facility that work for you in order to get the quality help you need.
Dr.Christiane Northup,MD. Leading Author and Authority on Women's Health and Well Being
"Will you grab the reins of power within you?
The choice is yours, if you can just have the courage — and the humor, actually — to change those patterns within you, step out of that Bermuda Triangle and into a place where you can tap your potential to be healthy in the broadest sense of the word."
Five Significant Aspects of a Good Inpatient Eating Disorder Support
1. The EnvironmentDoes the eating disorder program offer a warm and nurturing environment? Is the staff specially trained in treating eating disordered patients? Is the staff understanding and empathic to people who have suffered with an eating disorder. Does the treatment facility provide a variety of treatment experiences that help those who need help stabilization to those who need help transitioning back to their home environments?
2. Individualize TreatmentEven though people with eating disorders may have many issues in common, each person arrives at an eating disorder through different causes. In addition, each person has different biological, psychological, and social factors. It is very important that an individual treatment plan be established for the client.
Most residential and hospital eating disorder programs primarily have group therapy. When hours of individual therapy are added, the program helps the individual deal with more deeply with underlying issues to the person's eating disorder. The relationship between the therapist and the patient helps the patient feel validated and increase their self-esteem.
Helping Women Build Self-esteem
Selfesteem4women.com can help women with self-esteem building, overcoming jealousy, dealing with loneliness, stress relief, assertiveness training and many more issues that can cause so many of us to doubt our self-worth. Take the Ultimate Self-esteem Test or Modern Woman's Stress Test to obtain a free personalized e Report today!
3. Treatment ModelIn addition to individual and group, does the treatment center have a family program? This can include family therapy and/or group therapy made up of families. What kind of skills does the facility teach the patient? Are you helped with coping with anxiety, depression, and relationship issues. Are you taught to eat in a way that listens to your body's cues of hunger and fullness?
4. Medical ServicesAre their medical professionals that can monitor any medical problems that a patient may have? These can be a byproduct of the eating disorder or in addition to it. Some of these problems include; diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems, among others.
5. Psychiatric ServicesAre there psychiatrists on staff to evaluate coexisting psychiatric disorders such as anxiety, depression, and obsessive-compulsive disorders, among others? Eating disorders often coexist with other psychiatric problems.
Pay Attention to Your Body's Need for Nutrients and Electrolites Here are Two Discount Resousces
Helpful Websites for Eating Disorder Resources
A few web sites can help you find various levels of eating disorders support. These include individual psychotherapists, intensive outpatient programs, residential and hospital treatment settings.
One of the Most Helpful is somethingfishy.com
This referral site lists eating disorder support by state.
The web site list of entries for eating disorders support including treatment centers.
Chocolate for Health ADDICTIONS: Drug & Alcohol Abuse. Complete Recovery Information. One Source, all-inclusive information researched by people who have drug and alcohol addictions and now live daily in Recovery.
Chocolate for Health
ADDICTIONS: Drug & Alcohol Abuse. Complete Recovery Information. One Source, all-inclusive information researched by people who have drug and alcohol addictions and now live daily in Recovery.